Careers with Purpose
We are an SEC registered investment advisory firm that offers career opportunities that create positive social and environmental change. Explore our site to learn more about our firm, our culture, and our team.
Current Opportunities at Avivar Capital
Avivar Capital is seeking mission-aligned, hard-working summer 2019 interns with demonstrated experience or interest in impact investing. Interns will support the team with a variety of projects including but not limited to:
- Impact investment portfolio management including diligence, monitoring and reporting as well as improving Avivar’s systems for these tasks
- Researching and assessing opportunities for impact investing and expanded SRI/ESG and shareholder engagement strategies within client priority thematic interests and geographies
- Alignment with Avivar Capital’s mission and values
- Currently working on or completed an MBA or master’s degree in a related field (business, law, economics, sustainable development, etc.)
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience, preferably in finance, consulting, accounting, law, or a related field
- Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects independently as well as complete assignments timely and accurately
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently with little oversight
- Team player with positive attitude and ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Summer opportunities are based in Los Angeles, California. All interns will report to designated Avivar Managing Partners. Candidates for remote, part-time opportunities in the spring of 2019, may also be considered. Avivar Capital is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.